
8. Having a local coffee shop reserve a table for us because we go there way too much. We also gave them a CD of our favorite songs because we grew tired of the rap music they play all the time. I've never heard them play our stuff yet, but I've heard that they have and that's enough for me.
7. Our landlord took off for an extended amount of time in the months of March and April. His son also left which left my roommates and me "alone" in our flat. Because of this, he thought we needed some extra protection for our house and for ourselves. So he had a soldier come down from the Northern part of the country to stay with us for two weeks. Yes, that's right, we had an armed guard, a personal armed guard. Hilarious.
6. After 16 months here, I finally figured out how to work my shower. No more bucket baths people.
5. We found out that some very good friends here are having a baby girl! That brings the number of single women in this city to a whopping 7.
4. White water rafting on the Ganga River. Now don't freak out. We rafted on the clean part of the river before it flows South and gets gross. Three days of rafting, staying in tents, wearing shorts in India and not feeling weird...it was awesome. 


3. Going home (USA home). I can't even begin to describe the blessing that it was to go home for a week. Highlights include: Mexican food, running with Maya (my family's Australian Shepherd puppy), Em and Scott's wedding, seeing my family and friends, TRBC, and an awesome dinner (steak!) the night before I returned to India.
2 comments:
I'd make them pay waaaaay more goats and camels than that ;) Miss you BFF.
Great to hear from you again. P & J told us about the return trip with you. They hated to leave you there. As for the number of goats & camels needed, I would think the family could never have enough to cover the cost for you.
Post a Comment