A few weeks ago, Tricky D and I (that's what I like to call Diana) took a little trip. Now, usually we organize most, if not all, of our travel. For this journey, however, since it was a new place, our national friend organized one of the legs of our trip. I wanted to recount the story for you. Keep in mind, the only reason I would be recounting this story for you is because it is particularly recountable (and, yes, I know that is not a word...it's there for effect). So, after the first leg of our trip, we spent the day in Delhi waiting for our evening train to depart. When we get to the train station, our national friend tells us that our tickets are RAC. RAC means reservation against cancellation. Basically, only if someone else cancels do we have seats. Just another little bit of information, this train is a sleeper train. Remember those cots/ sleeping mats that you slept on in Kindergarten? Remember how big they seemed when you were five? Well, that is about the size of a sleeper berth. And when you're 24...well, they're not so big anymore. But I digress. This train also happens to be non-AC. I don't think anymore needs to be said about that. Oh yeah, and because we are RAC, Tricky D and I end up having to share a berth. Let me repeat that, we had to share a berth. So here we are heading on sharing a berth on the non-AC train. Whoot. We arrive at around 7 the next morning. I think I got about 2 hours of sleep. Not the best journey, but we arrived and had a great week with our new friends. The rest of our time is chronicled in pictures. Enjoy!
Tricky D and I happy to be on the sleeper train...in our shared berth.
Yay for mosquito nets! It was our first time to sleep under one of these and, as you can see, we were both excited to have the opportunity to do such a thing. Hence the picture.
Our mosquito nets!
This is a family that we were able to visit and have lunch with. They were wonderful.
So this is what happens when Tricky D gets the idea to do a crazy picture with a bunch of Indian men and I have the courage to ask our translator to make it happen. I mean, c'mon, you can't beat this. Look at these guys. And those two crazy girls down front...wow.
And then a serious one. Because we are sophisticated ladies and we need to act as such.
These little guys were hilarious. No matter how many times we said, "I don't understand," or "I don't speak Hindi," they still talked our ears off. But they were cute so we smiled, tried pick up words here and there and took a picture of them!
And these are our guys acting out stories. Yeeeeah.
Still learning stories. They were awesome!
So that was our week. It was a wonderful time and we had fantastic students. Hopefully we'll get to see some of these guys again!
1 comment:
love the pictures and post katelyn!! how did you sleep with those nets?? crazy! and i'm sure the train ride was quite the experience! i miss you and love you! lifting you up! WAR EAGLE! : )
Post a Comment