Saturday, February 21, 2009

10 Best: Part 1 Thailand

In an attempt to expedite the picture-posting process and actually get a blog up before several busy weeks of travel commence (and because I said I would), I am limiting myself to only putting up (what I consider) the 10 best pictures from my visa run/ break/ meetings in Thailand. I do this partly because there are so many that are good, partly because this blog can sometimes be an element of frustration (slow internet, pictures jumping around, etc.), but mostly because I hope this exercise in self-control will streamline the endeavor all together. Enjoy!
Pattaya is where we spent the first few days in Thailand. It's a beach city and we had a lot of fun playing dirty Santa, put-putting (on the worst course EVER), and getting refreshed and renewed for the new year ahead.

Nori Seaweed Lays? Really?

Because we are all so very South Asian, cramming a whole lot of people into a tiny space is kind of our thing. We take this practice with us wherever we go.

Karaoke has officially become a tradition among South Asia Jmen. We celebrated New Years Eve with bowling and New Years Day with singing. Some of my favorites: "She Bangs," "I Believe I Can Fly," "No Scrubs," "Funky Town," and this list goes on.


My partner and I trying to do Mariah proud with "Always Be My Baby" (no interpretive movement this time).



These last 3 are of different temples in Bangkok.
Okay! That was 10 and relatively painless for me! More to come soon.

No comments: