I'm not sure how to start this post, to be honest. I thought of starting with something profound, something to really get you thinking. But nothing came. So here I am. I have Christmas music going in the background as I write. While the pictures were loading, I was watching episodes of "The Office." You know the one where Michael Scott goes into the Pennsylvania "wilderness" and cuts his pants to form the kercheif for his neck? Steve Carrell is simply awesome. Anyway...Christmas. It seems like no matter how many Christmases come and go, the sense of awe and wonder I experience during this time is new every year. The very thought that the Story we tell, the Story that lights me up at this time, is real, is truly amazing. He came. He actually came. What a gift.
I was reminiscing about Christmases past and I thought I would put some pictures to take you back with me. Back to what I remember. My memories of Christmas are so rich, so full of the people I love. I am so blessed that this time of year holds memories of happiness and peace.
The Cooper family of 3. Not really sure what year this is!
The Casey side of the family grandchildren. Christmas in Englad 1996. We look like a very well-organized bunch.
And 11 years later, finally all back together for Chrismas. I think we've aged well.
Cooper side of the family grandchildren.
Jumping
The Cooper/Thompson/Todd Family
The Brook/Casey/Cooper/Yates Family
Cooper Family of 4
My hilariously awesome family with their Christmas crowns on. It cracks me up that we actually do this. Per our tradtion of cracking the poppers and trying to get the cool prizes out of them, we do, indeed, wear the paper crowns that come from the poppers. Wow.
Some artsy shots for thos who enjoy them...
Thanks for taking time out to go back with me. The next post will be Christmas present...a South Asian Christmas! Before I go, some music currents real quick, just because there's so much amazing Christmas music out there. Some of my favorites: Brad Paisley Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas (the Vince Guaraldi Trio is purely incredible), Comfort and Joy (Decemberadio), Holiday Spirits (Straight No Chaser- these are the guys who do the amazing and hilarious a capella version of "The 12 Days of Christmas"), The Hotel Cafe Presents Winter Songs, Joy (Allen Levi, Bebo Norman, Ed Cash), Let it Snow! (Michael Buble), The Living Room Sessions: Christmas (Chris Rice, nothing but piano, simple and awesome), and finally one of my new favorites, This Warm December (various artists including Jack Johnson and Zee Avi). Thanks for letting me share those. My ever-growing love/obsession with music is...ever-growing.
The Cooper family of 3. Not really sure what year this is!
The Casey side of the family grandchildren. Christmas in Englad 1996. We look like a very well-organized bunch.Happy Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment