They love fireworks here. Serioulsy. It borders on obsession. At least once a week, there are fireworks going off outside my house. So to celebrate our friends dedicated months of service in South Asia, we set off some fireworks of our own. Below are the pictures of the memorable evening, which were made that much more eventful by a spontaneous tutorial which I like to call: "How to Tie a Turban." Enjoy.


Apparently, my pose was not as Charlie's Angels "esque" as Haley would have liked. That is why she is laughing at me. And look at Tricky D over there, still in character.
Trick D and I with our GIANT sparklers.
Lighting them!
The beginning of the turban-tying tutorial. Brandon actually has the end of the turban in his mouth. (And, yes, that's really how you're supposed to do it.) And good job Hales holding that mirror.
Trick D and I with our GIANT sparklers.
Lighting them!
This is D in her geeked out outfit. She has a little mixing of the patterns going on and some awesome socks with yellow moccasins. She, too, has those sweet glasses and she's getting ready for a day at school with her backpack and books handy. Forgive me for not posting these pics sooner. I'll try to be better in the future. Hope you enjoyed them!
No comments:
Post a Comment